Vacations and Workouts
We are coming to the dog days of winter and for some of us lucky ones that means getting away to a warmer climate. When we’re on vacation, it can be easy to slip out of our usual fitness routine. However, just because we’re on a break from work and everyday life doesn’t mean we have to take a break from our health goals. Whether you’re a frequent gym-goer or a beginner, there are plenty of ways to stay active and continue your fitness journey while on vacation. Here are some tips on how to workout on vacation.
- Plan ahead-Before you leave for your vacation, research the area you’ll be visiting and see if there are any gyms or fitness centers nearby. Look up their hours, class schedules, and fees. This will help you to plan your workouts around your vacation activities and ensure that you have access to the equipment or facilities you need.
- Make use of your hotel gym- Many hotels have on-site fitness centers that are available to guests. Take advantage of this amenity and schedule a workout into your daily routine. You can even ask the hotel staff for a workout routine that you can do using the equipment available.
- Go for a run or walk- Exploring your vacation destination by foot is not only a great way to sightsee, but it’s also a good way to get some exercise. Look up running or walking routes in the area, and try to incorporate them into your daily activities. Not only will you get some exercise in, but you’ll also get to see more of the local scenery.
- Try a new activity- Vacations are a great time to try new things, and this includes new forms of exercise. Look for activities such as hiking, kayaking, or yoga classes that are offered in the area you’re visiting. Not only will you get a workout in, but you’ll also get to experience something new and exciting.
- Use bodyweight exercises- If you don’t have access to a gym or equipment, you can still get a great workout in using your own bodyweight. Exercises such as push-ups, squats, and lunges can be done anywhere and don’t require any equipment.
- Pack workout gear- Make sure to pack workout clothes and shoes so that you’re prepared to exercise while on vacation. This will make it easier to get motivated and actually follow through with your fitness plans.
Now that we’ve covered some tips on how to workout on vacation, let’s talk about why it’s important to continue exercising while away from home.
- Maintaining progress- If you’ve been working hard to achieve your fitness goals, taking a break from exercise can set you back. By continuing to workout on vacation, you can maintain the progress you’ve made and avoid losing the gains you’ve achieved.
- Reducing stress- Vacations can be stressful, especially if you’re traveling with family or trying to fit in a lot of activities in a short amount of time. Exercise is a great way to reduce stress and improve your mood, so incorporating it into your vacation can actually make the experience more enjoyable.
- Staying healthy- Vacations often involve indulging in food and drink, which can lead to weight gain and other health issues. By continuing to exercise, you can balance out the extra calories and maintain your overall health.
- Creating a habit- Consistency is key when it comes to fitness, and vacation is no exception. By continuing to workout while away from home, you’re establishing a habit that can carry over into your everyday life. This can make it easier to stick to your fitness routine once you return home.
In conclusion, working out while on vacation is not only possible but also beneficial. By planning ahead, utilizing hotel gyms or exploring new activities, and packing workout gear, you can continue to make progress towards your fitness goals while enjoying your time away from home. Not only will it energize you for the rest of the day but it will also keep your amazing habit in check.
We certainly do! You can either purchase programs or book personal training sessions and be given your workout at the end of the session.
We have free parking, showers, sweat/shower towels, wifi and toiletries.
If you need to reschedule a session, no worries at all! Just give us a 24 hour heads up and you will not be charged for your workout.
Ideally, you should have some form of fuel in your system before you workout. Eating an easily digested carbohydrate an hour or so before you come to the studio ensures that you’ll have enough energy in the tank to get through your workout. Fruit is always a great option if you are concerned about getting an upset stomach. But once again everyone is different so experiment with what works best for you.
Most likely you will start to feel better before you really see the results. We always remind clients to celebrate everything along their fitness journey- whether it is lifting a heavier weight, recruiting the proper muscle groups or dropping/gaining inches. The more consistent you stay to your workout and nutrition plan the quicker you will see physical results.
There is no magic pill or diet. At the end of the day it is a very simple equation and that is calories in vs. calories out. If you would like to lose weight you need to eat fewer calories than you are burning. If you are looking to put on weight you want to eat more calories than you are burning.
We definitely believe we are the best gym in Edmonton. With our owner having 15 years of experience in the fitness industry, being named one of the Top 10 Trainers in Canada by Muscle Insider and having owned training studios for over 12 years there is confidence in our team. Every trainer is fully certified and extremely knowledgeable with tons of experience from all types of clientele. Don’t believe us? Come try out a free one-on-one personal training session and find out for yourself.
All of our trainers are fully certified and have the knowledge to help you reach your goals. We are so confident that you will love our team that our first training is always free. We will literally put our money with our mouth to prove to you that we are what you are looking for.
You’ve come to the right place. Zone 105 is a private personal training studio and our only goal is for you to crush yours.
That is a loaded question but weight loss comes down to a simple equation – calories in vs. calories out. If you eat less calories than you burn you should lose weight. Unfortunately sometimes the scale can be stubborn but your body composition will change. That is why we always recommend that you take measurements to also track your progress.
We are a private personal training studio located centrally in Edmonton. All of our clients in the gym can only work out when they are with their trainer so you will never have to deal with a busy, public gym.